Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 7 - Ups and Downs

Ups

First full week of the program ends today. A lot of people have been reporting 10+ pounds the first week, and I was on target for this until this morning's weigh-in cut my loss so far in half. Switched the little widget on the site to report the progress towards goal in terms of the 5 day average (now that I have 5 days of data and every day isn't a loss. =-) My theory on the one day reversal? too many pickles!

Downs

Today's gain isn't demotivating at all, though! My blood sugar is down to 79 this morning. This is low enough for me to (at least today) discontinue one of the blood sugar medications I'm on. This is much more important than a single day gain.

I'm perversely lucky that I have the blood sugar readings to fall back on as another indicator for how well the program is working; Though really, it's one the main reasons I got on this program, and to have it be down in this range after six days is a real win for me.

Tune in tomorrow for the official one week total. Post your guesses in the comments.

No comments: