Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 38 - 10%, 2 stone, 3/5

My daily weighin today puts me at 254 pounds. This is yet another milestone weight: (though really, any new low is a milestone for me at this point, I've gotten lower than I have in 5 years.)

Going by the 0.5 pound accuracy on my scale, this means I have lost 10% of my original body weight. (282 * 0.9 = 253.8) !

This brings me up to an even two stone (28 pounds) of total loss, in a little over five weeks.

It's ⅗ of my initial, almost inconceivable loss target of 47 pounds. (At this rate, I could theoretically reach 235 pounds by mid July.) My doctor suggested at my last quarterly checkup that I try this program out because I really needed to target my weight. I think she's going to be pleasantly surprised at the progress I (will) have made, both in weight and glucose control. This will be an excellent time for me to set a secondary goal with some medical advice, and come up with a plan for how we can determine what my final desired weight is. 

Over the next week or so, I'm not going to have the unfettered daily access to a scale, so I'm actually going to miss my “official” weighin on Tuesday. I will miss the daily feedback, especially since I'm going to be away from my comfortable routine for a few days.

1 comment:

Sue D. Nymme said...

I remember when you started, and you were like "how is this even going to be possible", because 48 lbs seemed like infinity. And now you're well over half way.

Yay Coke.