Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 53 -I am not a number, I am a free man!

The last time I blogged, I had just gotten back from a week long trip, over which I had lost 7 pounds; It's been a week since then, and today is the first day I've gone back down under that weight; currently at 246.5#. So while I did OK weight wise on the trip, it's apparently taken me a little bit of time to get back into the rhythm here at home. Frustrating, but I seem to be back on track now.

Had my 3 month bloodwork done Monday, and a visit to the doctor today to go over it. The numbers there are pretty amazing, considering I've only been on this program for a little under nine weeks. My fasting that day was 78 (on par with what I've been seeing self-testing), my A1C has dropped to 6.8 (down from a career high of 12, 3 months ago it was nearly 9). My total cholesterol is at 95. I just need to work on getting my good cholesterol up a little higher.

So, as a result, the on-again-off-again glipizide is gone, discontinuing the actos, and I've been adjusting my insulin dosage down 5 units every few days, that's currently at 50. I'm free to discontinue it as long as my fasting looks good; I'll keep dialing it back every few days, but I'm going to give it a few more days at this dosage since I'm dropping the other meds. Also cutting the blood pressure meds in half (been a little dizzy on this diet, so that'll help.) I'm also supposed to monitor the BP, if it gets too low, I'll end up discontinuing that and start reducing one of the other heart meds too.

We also talked briefly about a more final weight goal than my current 235; I'm going to shoot for 205 as a long term goal, but let's get to the first one first, mmmkay? Because things are progressing pretty fast here, my followup visit is in six weeks instead of three months.


1 comment:

Susie H said...

FANtastic!! And of course, the post title is equally fab. I am so proud of you. We are climbing back on the wagon here...finally.It's been really close to a year of craptastic eating and I know I put back on the 20 pounds I took off, as did David. Reading all your back posts, and getting my google reader updated so I can keep up!