Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day 1

Started the Take Shape for Life program , which uses the Medifast food. I'm on the extra special diabetic plan, which has a lower gyclemic index for type II's like myself.

While I was up to 285 pounds last week, my (official starting) weight this morning was 282. Also have a 48 inch waist to contend with. While I've been bigger in the past, this is as high as it's been in a while.

I am very excited about the program. The local cardiologist's office is running the program, and their meeting with current and potential members was quite motivating.

I'm hoping to improve my general fitness, and see some improvement in my A1C and maybe reduce some of the 10 medications I'm on. (Oy.)

I am hoping that the relative lack of food choices on the plan during the initial phase will be beneficial; no thoughts about portions, no more effort than selecting a pouch when trying to decide what to eat.

After a single day, I don't really feel deprived at all. The food is very nearly un-food like, but it's just fuel. And the one meal with real food I had today tasted great. (It's not all powder and bars.)

No comments: