Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 22 - Week 3

Official 3 week weigh in this morning is 262, for a net loss of 20 pounds so far.

Still not quite back to my daily low of 261, but since this has come more gradually, I'm sure it's gone for good.

Blood sugar this morning was 65, and I was feeling it. I've been cutting back on the insulin, will continue to do so, and to make sure I'm eating all the carbs I can on this plan. My control has never been good enough to worry about lows before I started this plan. I am now making sure I carry the glucose tabs everywhere, and checking my sugar 3-4 times a day.

Reading Think Like a Pancreas, a loaner from my mother; The short history of diabetes technology over the past 100 years or so was very instructive. (Basically, I have it good and need to quit complaining. =-)

No comments: